{Blog Life} Liebster Blog Award

Big thanks to both Beatrice at The Crafty Bee and Michelle at SweetSuite10 who awarded the Liebster Blog Award to me!

Apparently Liebster is German for "dearest", meaning beloved or favourite. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to help expose them to a larger audience.

A few conditions for accepting the award are:
  1. Post the award on your blog.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. List five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to and inform your top five by leaving a comment on their blog.
  4. Share five random facts about yourself.
A lot of the blogs I read are the more established blogs, but recently I've been finding newer blogs that I really like as well and deserve more love. (Apologies if I've passed this on to you and you have more than 200 followers! Sometimes I can't tell and guestimate.) So in no particular order:
(Going through my mess of bookmarked blogs has made me realize that I really need to bunker down and organize my subscriptions and blog rolls... Especially because I think my computer will go at any moment and I hardly ever back up by bookmarks.)

And the five random facts about me:

I love theatre. Mostly musicals and the ballet as some plays are too obscure for me or go over my head so for those I prefer comedies. I even make special trips to New York City (24 trips since 2006 and counting... If I could move there, I would), DC, and Los Angeles to see shows (luckily my brother has friends in every city to stay with). 2011 was my biggest year for theatre with 89 shows (some were repeat shows because I love them so much, or different casts, etc., etc.!). I'm a bit of a theatre/pop culture geek so I actually have two Twitter accounts - one for blog related stuff and one for personal/entertainment related stuff.

Past grade 4, no one has ever heard me sing. Not that I know of anyway. I belt out along with the radio to my heart's content in the car and when I'm home alone, but as soon as I sense someone nearby, I stop! And I have no idea why! Maybe I'm just paranoid that I am waaaay off key like those delusional contestants on Idol? Even humming makes me nervous when playing Cranium lol.

My favourite show is Friday Night Lights. I'm pretty sure I cried during every episode of the first and second seasons, and probably half of the third. And definitely during the last episode of the fourth season. I can't even bring myself to watch the fifth (and last) season because it will break my heart when it's over!

I was an extra on Degrassi: The Next Generation in the seventh season for the prom and graduation episode. There was a teeny 2 second shot of me during the prom episode and I looked MISERABLE, even though Natasha Bedingfield was performing! It was fun to see how filming is done, but it was such a long day and I was tired. I could never be an extra for a long production. I never showed up in the graduation scenes they aired, but I'm in the background of some of the production photos.
I actually can't even think of any of his songs right now. I think I'm too old anyway.
Source (These used to be on the Degrassi site but now that it's moved to Much Music, the official site is weird and useless for older seasons.) 

I love traveling. I want to visit every continent and so far I'm 4 for 7. I still have lots of ground to cover in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa (I want to go on a safari!), but I still have yet to visit South America, Australia, and Antarctica (if only I could afford the $10 000 cruises that go there!). One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment